This Privacy Notice was posted on May 24, 2018. It is effective upon acceptance for new users, and from May 25, 2018 for all other users.
2. Who we are.
will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Service.
If you have any questions about how we protect or use your data, please email us at email@example.com
3. What kinds of data do we collect about you?
We collect data you make available to us voluntarily on the Spdate in various situations (e.g., when you send us an e-mail). We also collect data automatically Spdate (e.g. your IP address).
3.1. Data you give us
You may provide us data in different ways. For example, we collect and store data that you give us when you register user profile (“Profile”) or respond to Spdate's emails or report a problem with the Service. The data that you give us includes:
Profile data. This includes your name, date of birth, email address and cell phone number. You may optionally provide additional data on your Profile (complete Profile helps you get the most from our Service). This includes your dating preferences, interests and activities, your gender and age, religion, address, photographs, other personal characteristics and demographic data such as your height, weight, body type, marital status, habits, educational background, and hometown.
Because you control your Profile, these details are available to you at any time by accessing your “Profile” page, which gives you the chance to correct or update (other than name, date of birth and email address) your data at any time by logging in to Spdate. Please do not post or add personal data to your Profile that you would not want to be publicly available. We also do not recommend that you put email addresses, instant messaging details, phone numbers, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers’ licence details in your Profile which may make them open to abuse and misuse. Please be careful about posting sensitive details about yourself on your Profile such as religion, health details, sexual preferences or ethnic background. Where you choose provide us sensitive data about yourself, you are manifestly making this public to other users.
Identity document data (“ID”). You may voluntarily provide us with your ID for Profile verification or we may ask you to provide your ID for security reasons or when we are required to do so by law.
3.2. Data we collect about you
We collect data through a variety of sources. One of our sources is cookies a that record data about the use of our website. With regard to your use of our Services we may automatically collect the following data:
Navigation data. We collect data about how you navigate and use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
Browser and Device data. We collect data from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Service, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the data we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Browser and Device data may include data about your Internet browser type, operating system, hardware version, type and model, geolocation, IP address, connection data such as ISP, language and time zone. We also receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next.
Data about payments. We collect data about your Premium Features purchase amount, date of Premium Features purchase and payment method.
Transaction data. When you make payments through the Service, you need to provide financial account data, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We do not collect or store full credit card number data, though we may receive credit card-related data, data about the transaction, including: date, time and amount of the transaction, the type of payment method used.
3.3. Data about Children
We do not knowingly collect any data about children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. Nor do we knowingly market to children, minors or anyone under the age of 18. If you are less than 18 years old, we request that you do not submit data to us. If we become aware that a child, minor or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal data, we will take steps to terminate that Profile and delete their personal data.
4. How we use the data we collect?
We and our service providers use personal data to: (i) provide the Service; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) promote, analyze and improve our Service.
- In particular, we use your personal data in order:
- to provide you with the Services you use or request, for example, we use your data to authenticate you and authorize access to our Services, to suggest your Profile to the users who conducts extensive search by comparing that search parameters to data provided in your Profile.
- to improve our Service by using data about your usage and interaction with our Service. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development. We analyze the data we have to evaluate our Service, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities to improve our Service content and layouts.
- to personalize the Service for you, such as to select the payment processor available to you, we also may use your data to determine your eligibility for promotions, sweepstakes and contests and show you personalized advertisements, if you provided consent on it.
- to process your payments and send notices about your transactions.
- to verify your identity, including during account verification, background checks on users.
- to prevent, detect, investigate, resolve disputes and/or remediate malicious activities, fraud, other cybercrimes, take legally-required actions or make sure you are a real person and want to avoid fake accounts being created.
- to contact you about our Service matters by email and other ways through our Services, including push notifications. We will send you messages about the availability of our Service, security, payment transactions, status of your orders, legal notices or other service-related information (Service messages). We also send messages about your statistics, such as who visit your Profile, add you to favorites list, like you or send you a message (Statistic messages), you can unsubscribe from Statistic messages at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving Service messages from us.
- to show you advertisements on our Service and/or send you commercial email about our Service, features, offers, promotions, contests, and events or provide other news or information about third party services that may be of interest to you. We offer you choice to opt out advertisement and/or commercial emails.
- to provide you customer service and support.
We will also notify you if we want to use your personal data for a new or different purpose. We will use your personal data for such other purposes only if and to the extent necessary or permitted by applicable law or with your consent.
5. Legal basis for processing (EEA only).
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Spdate Service you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
6.1. Advertising of other services on Spdate.We display advertising of third party services using data you make available to us when you interact with our Service, such as Premium Features purchasing on Spdate or duration of the Service usage. Our custom system enables us to learn about when and what ads you see, what ads you click. This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. For example, if we know what ads you are shown we can be careful not to show you the same ones repeatedly.
6.2. Advertising of our Service on other websites. We serve you tailored advertising outside of our Service based on data relating to your access to and use of our Service, as well as data received from third parties.
At present, there is no industry standard for recognizing Do Not Track browser signals, so we do not respond to them.
7. Advertising Choices.
- You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal data. We offer you choices about receiving advertising.
- Advertising from third parties on Spdate is tailored to you based on your previous use of Service. You can choose not to receive advertising from third parties by contacting our Customer Service.
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails (i) from us about our Service or (ii) from third parties about similar services, you can opt out of receiving such electronic communications. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Service.
- You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for online behavioral advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
8. Retention Period.
Please note that we have a variety of obligations to retain the data that you provide to us, including to ensure that transactions can be appropriately processed, settled, refunded or charged-back, to help identify fraud and to comply with anti-money laundering and other laws and rules that apply to us and to our financial service providers. Accordingly, even if you close Profile, we will retain certain Data to meet our obligations.
9. With whom we share your data?
Protection of your personal data is important for us. Your personal data will be shared with third parties only (i) if we have a legal obligation to do so (ii) if the data transfer is necessary for performance of the contract with you, (iii) if you have consented to the transfer of your data.
Third-party service providers and partner companies will receive your data only if and to the extent necessary for performance of our contract with you or with your consent. In such cases, the extent to which data is shared will however be kept to the absolute minimum. To the extent that our service providers come into contact with your personal data, we will make sure that they too will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
We do not share personal data with other companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent. We will share personal data with other companies, organizations or individuals when we have your consent to do so.
- Other users. Any data you include on your Profile and any action you take on our Service may be seen by other users.
- When you update or add photo (which you can change) is to share it publicly.
- When you like, add to favorite or visit other user Profile, that person will see it.
- We let senders know when you act on their letters or chat message.
10. International data transfers.
Spdate is a global business. We may transfer personal data to countries other than the one in which you live. This country may not have the same data protection law as the country in which you initially provided the data. We deploy safeguards if we transfer Personal Data originating from the European Union (EU)and European Economic Area (EEA) to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law.
We process data outside of the EU and EEA.
In particular, to offer our Service, we need to transfer your personal data to the United States, Ukraine. The United States and Ukraine are not considered to provide an adequate level of protection under EU data protection law. It means that these countries do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the data.
In all cases, we use European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses as a legal mechanism for data transfers from the EU. Learn more about the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the EU Commission. These clauses are contractual commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of the data. Spdate accordingly adopted Standard Contractual Clauses so that the data flows necessary to provide, maintain, and develop our Service take place legally.
11. Third-party websites.
12. How we protect your personal data?
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal data is collected on our Spdate and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, data transfers are generally subject to security gaps, please make sure not to provide your login data to any third parties.
14. Privacy Rights.
You may at any time and at no cost demand information about your personal data that are processed by us, correction of any errors in your personal data, termination of processing of your personal data, erasure of your personal data or portability of your personal data. To exercise these rights, simply contact us at any time by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy Rights” on the subject line and in the body of your message.
If you are in the EU or EEA, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that your personal data is mistreated.
If emailing us your request, please make clear in the email what personal data you would like to have changed. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
15. Contact Us.
Please Contact Us with any questions regarding this agreement.